The 2017 Annual General Meeting of the New Zealand Writers Guild will be held:
– 31 March 2017
– Start @ 6.00pm
Location: NZWG offices – 400C Great North Rd, Grey Lynn, Auckland
Nomination for Elections to the NZWG Board are now closed.
As no more than one candidate for each position of:
- Northern Regional Representative
- Central Regional Representative
- Southern Regional Representative
- no more than four candidates for the positions of additional Board members
have been nominated, the candidates nominated (to be detailed in forthcoming AGM documentation) will be deemed to have been elected following the AGM, and no election process shall be required.
AGM Agenda Items – for circulation
2017 Agenda Items
These will be made available according to the rules of the constitution
2016 Agenda Items
- 2016 Executive Directors Report
- 2016 President’s Report
- 2016 Treasurers report
- 2016 Profit & Loss 31 December 2015
- 2016 Balance Sheet 31 December 2015
- NZWG Budget 2016 This budget was not passed as an interim resolution at the March 31 AGM. See minutes for details of ratification.
- 2016 Membership Services Report
- 2015 AGM Minutes
NB: Nomination form and Candidate Statement are due to be RECEIVED at the NZWG office by 12pm Friday 03 March 2017.
Board Member Eligibility and Guidelines
- To seek election to the Board, a member must have been:
- A full member of the NZWG – for two entire consecutive years, immediately prior to closing date for nominations; OR
- A full member of the NZWG – No less than two years at any previous time AND for one year immediately prior to the closing date for nominations.
- To seek election to the Board, a member must not have been in the preceding 12 months on the board of:
- SPADA – Screen Producers & Development Association
- DEGNZ – Directors & Editors Guild of New Zealand
- NZFC – New Zealand Film Commission
- NZ on Air
- Candidates for the positions of Regional Representative must be a resident in the region they are seeking to represent. Regions are defined as follows:
- Northern – Northland, Auckland, Thames Valley, Bay of Plenty, Waikato, Taupo and King Country Regions.
- Central – Poverty Bay, Hawkes Bay, Wairarapa, Taranaki, Whanganui, Manawatu, Wellington, Nelson and Marlborough regions.
- Southern – South Island, excluding Nelson and Marlborough regions.
- The term of office takes effect from the date of the AGM and lasts for one year.
- Should there be no more than one candidate for President, Vice-President, Northern Regional Representative, Central Regional Representative or Southern Regional Representative or no more than four candidates for the position of Board Members then the candidates will deem to be elected and no elections shall be required.
- Please post or email this form along with the Candidates Statement outlining the candidates position and objectives for the year if elected (maximum 500 words) to the Executive Director, New Zealand Writers Guild, PO Box 47886, Auckland, 1144 OR email@example.com
- To seek election to the Board, a member must be able to carry out the roles and duties of the Board – including but not limited to:
- Available to take part in all Board meetings and other Board required decision making processes.
- Uphold the mana of the Guild, including but not limited to, best practice within own working standards including professionalism and working for acceptable fees and conditions, act as an ambassador for Guild services and initiatives.
- Responsible for governing the Guild, ensuring the aims and objectives of the Guild are adhered to and upholding the Constitution in a manner likely to foster confidence, goodwill and unity within and towards the Guild.
- Nomination form and Candidate Statement must be RECEIVED at the NZWG office by 12pm Friday 03 March 2017.
- All questions concerning the elections or eligibility criteria should be directed to the Executive Director by phone 09 360 1408 or email firstname.lastname@example.org