Any educational institution that offers a writing programme may apply for an institutional membership to the NZWG. Institution membership is $500 per year.
- Institutions may only join up those students involved in screenwriting courses (or courses with a substantial screenwriting component).
- A limit of twenty students plus one teacher may be signed up on the standard membership.
- Further students or staff members may be joined up on the standard $500 rate at a cost of $25 each.
- A group of less than 20 students may join at a reduced rate. To query a reduced rate membership Contact Membership Manager Fritha Stalker.
The NZWG contributed to the development of and supports the ScreenMark accreditation process.
All those enrolled under the Institutional membership receive:
- The WriteStuff (a fortnightly electronic newsletter with all the latest news and writing opportunities).
- Discounts on Final Draft scriptwriting software, and DVD screenwriting courses, sold by the NZWG.
- Guild membership card which gives them access to Guild craft events. The card also entitles them to discounts from a range of writer-related services.
- If students choose to join the NZWG after graduating the NZWG will waive the mandatory $60 joining fee for them.
Institutional members are not able to borrow materials from the NZWG library.
The NZWG is also happy to sponsor awards at member institutions (for example, the NZWG sponsors The Award for Excellence in Moving Image Screen Writing at the Waikato Institute of Technology).
Annual awards may also be made available for non-tertiary screenwriting competitions on request.
- EIT (Eastern Institute of Technology), Diploma in Screenwriting (Screen Production) – Napier
- UNITEC, Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts – Auckland
- Victoria University, MA in Screenwriting (International Institute of Modern Letters) – Wellington
- Whitireia Community Polytechnic, Scriptwriting (Stage & Screen), Creative Writing Programme, including online students – Porirua
- WINTEC (Waikato Institute of Technology), BA / MA Media Arts, Moving Image School of Media Arts – Hamilton